A Great Education at a Great Price
Duquesne University is more affordable than you might think. Don't just take our word for it. Independent sources - including U.S. News and World Report and Washington Monthly - all rank Duquesne as a best value university.
99% of freshmen receive some form of financial assistance. We invest $79.5 million in our undergraduate students each year through University-based scholarships, and total aid from all sources exceeds $195 million.
You'll get solid career preparation, real-world skills and a foundation of ethics that will make you stand out. An investment in a Duquesne education pays dividends over a lifetime.
Applying for Financial Aid
All you need to do is complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Duquesne's Financial Aid Application. You will then be considered for any financial aid that you are eligible for.
- You do not have to apply separately for other grants and scholarships that Duquesne administers.
- After we calculate the financial aid you are eligible for (your aid package), you will receive an award letter explaining your grants and loans.
- You and your parents may still have to apply for independent loans from a bank or other lender to "bridge" the gap between your financial aid package and your expected family contribution. Or you may want to consider our payment plan option.
Financial Aid Application Process:
Calculating your Financial Aid Eligibility
Financial aid is money that you are given (grants, scholarships) or borrow (loans) to pay for college -- tuition, room, meals and fees.
The amount of need-based aid you receive is determined by subtracting your family's ability to pay for your educational expenses for the year (as determined from the FAFSA) from your estimated total costs for the year.
Cost of Attendance* - Expected Family Contribution = Financial Need
The amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive is then determined by your financial need.
*The Cost of Attendance for a student is an estimate of that student's educational expenses for the period of enrollment.; the cost of attendance varies by program and is updated each May.
Most Frequent Requests
- I need to complete my Duquesne Financial Aid Application
- I was selected for Verification and need to complete the required forms.
- I need to request a Tax Return Transcript.
- I need to check my financial aid status, (Log in then > Self Service > Financial Aid > Financial Aid Status)